Children’s Mental Health Week – Shelf Help books in the Library



As part of Children’s Mental Health Week (6th-12th February), the Library has been asking students to write down Things That Make Me Happy.  Here are some of the great responses we received from Year 7 students:
‘Dance makes me happy and so do my family and friends.’
‘Reading books from my childhood.’
‘Swimming makes me happy as I can just float there.’

‘Doing exercise and reading books makes me happy because they both take me out of real life and into my imagination.’
'When I can go home and relax and do whatever I want.’

And one student’s advice on How to Keep Calm:

‘Pull and stretch Blue-tack. Listen to calm music. Remember that at the end of the day you’ll be in bed.’

The Library also stocks a wide selection of books featured in the nationwide Shelf Help reading initiative. The aim of the Shelf Help scheme is to support young people’s mental health through reading. The books include both fiction and non-fiction, and have been selected to provide support and advice on common mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety or stress, as well as difficult experiences like bullying and stress. The titles on the list have been chosen by young people and health professionals.

Further information on Shelf Help can be found at the following website:

Children’s Mental Health Week – Shelf Help books in the Library Children’s Mental Health Week – Shelf Help books in the Library Reviewed by Beaumont School Library on 15:08 Rating: 5
Theme images by luoman. Powered by Blogger.